- North Center - Originally settled in the latter part of the 19th century, North Center has blossomed into a vibrant array of neighborhoods with pockets of diversity, service-oriented businesses, eclectic restaurants, and high-end retailers around every corner. The architecture in this area retains much of its late 19th- and early 20th-century brilliance and the area is home to some of the top-ranked schools in Chicago. The Northcenter Chamber of Commerce hosts several free community events, which appeal to families with children residing, or looking to reside, in the area.
- Lakeview - Bordered by the shore of Lake Michigan to the east, Lakeview is a graceful blend of vintage high-rises, modern condominiums, and modest low-rise flats coexisting in architectural unison. One of the largest Chicago community areas by population, Lakeview skews the side of urban living within patchworks of suburban neighborhood enclaves. Home of the Chicago Cubs, as well as the Belmont Theatre District and Chicago’s Gay Pride celebration in Boystown, Lakeview is a thriving flurry of young professionals, students, families, and dedicated baseball fans alike.
- Lincoln Park - One of the most charming and affluent areas of North Side Chicago, Lincoln Park’s roots date back to the early 1800s. It’s home to five architecturally significant churches with beautifully monumental edifices that are visible throughout the area. In addition, it’s an epicenter of lakefront recreation found along the community’s namesake park. A thriving performing arts scene, a range of high-end retailers, boutique shops, and decadent restaurants serve as an urban connective tissue between the dashing brick row houses and stylish modern condos that comprise the houses for sale in Lincoln Park, Chicago.
- Avondale - While Avondale’s community has traditionally been comprised of a large Eastern European population, recent years have seen a significant rise in social diversity among its residents. Avondale is the famous birthplace of Dad’s Root Beer and is home to the architectural majesty that is St. Hyacinth Basilica. Avondale is a strong employing industry sector for workers commuting from outside of Chicago, and it’s a strong cultural and civic institution for the residents who reside within. To own a piece of Chicago luxury real estate in Avondale is to simultaneously feel interconnected to the world outside its borders.
- Logan Square - Logan Square is characterized by prominent historical boulevards, dignified greystones, expansive, bungalow-style luxury homes, and vintage walk-ups, all centered around the actual square the area refers to. Its diverse population and dedication to the community and cultural inclusivity have led Logan Square to attract many aspiring artists, young professionals, and growing families alike to call the area home. Logan Square takes great pride in the preservation of the numerous historic buildings found along its picturesque boulevards. The community is dedicated to supporting sustainable and green initiatives that further preserve and maintain the area as well—an invaluable amenity to consider when navigating Logan Square, Chicago homes for sale, regardless of which side of the market you may fall.
The North Side of Chicago is anything but one-size-fits-all. Whether you’re buying or selling, you deserve to work with the best. Each step of the real estate buying and selling process is a crucial and elaborate one that calls for expertise, thorough knowledge, and the kind of objective communication only a top Realtor® can provide:
- Different clients, different needs - the benefit of working with a Realtor® when navigating the Chicago luxury real estate market is that effective agents value the individuality and varying personal goals of each client, whether it’s to buy or sell a home. A great Realtor® will oftentimes do a general prescreen of qualified buyers and prospective homes on the market in order to find the right “match” between buyer and seller.
- Understanding the deal - the mind-boggling documentation involved in the buying and selling of real estate—from purchase agreements to local, state, and federal requirements—can be far out of someone’s element. Working with a Realtor® provides both sides of the real estate market the advantage of having an experienced professional review and explaining the various components that go into the real estate buying and selling process.
- Fiduciary responsibility - whether you’re the buyer or the seller of a piece of Chicago luxury real estate, working with a Realtor® means working with someone that has your back. Realtors® have a legal obligation to put their clients’ interests first, maintain high standards of confidentiality, and uphold agent-client privacy privileges. Buyers often have a firm idea of what they want to spend, while sellers have a strong grasp on bottom-line selling prices they won’t cross. The objectivity of a Realtor® helps clients move through the ebb and flow of the negotiation process while supporting their clients’ best interests.
The North Side of Chicago is one of the most desirable places in the city. As such, luxury properties don’t just move on advertising alone. Oftentimes, Chicago luxury real estate
brokerage in the North Side is nurtured by an expert Realtor®’s cultivated relationships:
- Previous clients - the power of a great referral can never be underestimated. When working with a Realtor®, you entrust that person with your desire to invest in your own future. Regardless of which end of the market you fall, high-level service begets top-tier reviews and heartfelt testimonials. Those testimonials often lead to referrals of both dream homes that are ready to hit the market and dream clients ready to move in.
- Resources - top-level Realtor®s in North Side Chicago invest in the neighborhoods they serve as much as they do in their clients. With that investment comes a Realtor®’s access to networks that make the home buying, or home selling, process go smoothly, from attorneys and mortgage lenders to moving companies and home designers. When you work with a Realtor®, you don’t just build a relationship based on mutual investment into your own future—you are granted access to the other relationships that the Realtor® has invested in, giving you a team of resources upon which to lean on through the journey.
Attention to Detail
While many buyers have a general grasp on what they do and don’t want, some aren’t aware of the finer details to keep in mind when searching the market for a luxury property to call home. This is where the expertise of a Realtor® is invaluable. In addition, there can be home value depreciating issues that may not cross a seller’s mind but will instinctually alert a Realtor®:
- Realtors® are trained to recognize telltale signs of a home’s potential problems and issues that may prevent a buyer from making a worthwhile offer.
- Realtors® also have the knowledge and experience necessary to best approach these issues in ways that are comfortable for both the buyer and seller alike.
- Working with a Realtor® also means working with someone who can do a comparative market analysis with their eyes closed. This helps sellers confirm if their asking price is in the right range and assists buyers in making offers that are within reason.
- There is an exponential amount of time-consuming research that goes into a neighborhood’s demographics, schools, transportation systems, community, and other crucial factors when matching luxury homes with prospective buyers. Working with a Realtor® helps buyers and sellers obtain reputable data that can better guide the buying or selling process.
Chicago’s landscape is vast. It’s ever-changing and diversifying, and the real estate market is of neighborhood-centric culture. From the historical charms of vintage architecture found among quiet, tree-lined neighborhoods to the modern extravagance of converted industrial warehouses and sleek artist lofts along the waterfront, no two areas are completely alike in the Windy City. As such, the pairing of one’s personality and lifestyle to the right piece of North Side Chicago luxury real estate
can be a journey.
If you’re ready to begin your real estate journey alongside a team of Realtor®s with unrivaled professionalism, integrity, commitment, and enthusiasm for their clients, contact
the Ballis Group today. With over 60 years of combined service to Chicago homeowners, the Ballis Group
is one of Chicago’s top-producing real estate teams servicing the North Side.